Reflecting from TheAdultMan Blog

 “We live in a world today where it’s almost ‘taboo’ to be masculine. But if we want to become powerful, effective men, we need to let go of our culture’s weird ideas about manhood. Learn to become comfortable in your own skin. Own your masculinity. Take pride in who and what you are.”

This quote from TheAdultMan blog has stuck with me. This is in timely relation to other things in my life. Weekly I have meetings with other males and we talk about becoming a better man. In our discussion we talk about how as men we need to step up more and do away with the cultural ways of today. As a developing young man I think it is important for me to take the words of older guys and heed to them. 

I like the last sentence. “Take pride in who and what you are.” I have a decent idea of who I am. And I need to continue to be unapologetically myself. Pride isn’t always good however. It is important to avoid toxic masculinity and trying to be too much of a man to compensate for other areas. 

All in all, I can take away from that quote and use it. My advice to others after reflecting on this quote would be: set goals, hold yourself accountable, work on yourself, and work on your craft. 

2023 Fellow Media Pty Ltd 

https://theadultman.com/live-and-learn/how-to-be-a-better-man/#19_write_down_your_goals 

Comments

  1. I love this post!! I like also like the sentence "Take pride who and what you are" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow man, I really enjoyed this post and could not agree more. Masculinity today feels like a term thrown around to put men down and shame them into conforming to weak-minded followers, but men are meant to be providers, protectors, and leaders in the home. We can be effective in these roles if we do not know who we are and are not comfortable with who that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post, anyone can put themselves in this situation with your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog

Church Community In Little Rock