Thoughts from Tyre Nichols Story

 In recent news, a man by the name of Tyre Nichols was beat to death by five police officers in Memphis, Tennessee. On January 7, 2023, Tyre Nichols was stopped by police for reckless driving, according to NPR.org. After he tried to run off on foot, he was beat and killed. Tyre Nichols, a black male, was killed by five black male police officers, who beat him to death. 

This is not the first time I have seen police brutality of course, but in my lifetime, this is the first time that I have seen police brutality where it is black on black. This is a different story then what the media usually portrays. I have always seen white cops killing black males. It is so much different seeing black cops killing black males. 

I will never understand how five cops couldn’t just simply arrest or write a ticket for just one man without killing him. The body camera footage that was released was brutal and no one regardless of skin color should be dealt with by the police like that for something as simple as a reckless driving. 

Not long after the body camera footage was released, my dad text me and said, “Son be careful out here. If I heard about the police doing something to you, I would lose my mind.”

All police brutality needs to stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog

Church Community In Little Rock